2-Methyl-1-propanol, also known as isopropyl methanol and 2- methyl propanol, is a colorless flammable liquid with alcohol flavour. 2-Methyl-1-propanol is one of the main components of the aroma of tea fresh leaves, black tea and green tea, with a molecular weight of 74.12. The boiling point is 107.66 degrees centigrade. The relative density is 0.8016 (20/ 4 C). The index of refraction is 1.3959. The flash point is 37 degrees centigrade. It can be mixed with alcohol and ether, and can be dissolved in water. The vapour can form explosive mixture with air, and the explosion limit is 2.4% (volume). An addition compound (CaCl2? 3C4H10O) can be formed with calcium chloride. The by-products of synthetic methanol can be rectified and distilled from crude fusel oil. In industry, carbonyl cobalt is used as catalyst to make the mixture of propylene and carbon monoxide and hydrogen at 110~140 C, 2.0265 x 107 ~ 3.0397 x 107Pa, to produce butyric and isobutyric aldehyde, and then catalyze hydrogenation and separation to obtain isobutanol. It is used in the manufacture of petroleum additives, antioxidants, plasticizers, synthetic rubber, synthetic musk, fruit essential oil and synthetic drugs. It is also used as a solvent and a chemical reagent.
English Name: 2-Methyl-1-propanol
English synonyms: NATURAL ISO BUTYL ALCOHOL; 2-METHYL-1-PROPANOL; 2-Methyl propanol; 2-METHYLPROPAN-1-OL; FEMA 2179; ISOBUTANOL; ISOBUTANOL, 2-METHYL-1-PROPANOL;
Molecular formula: C4H10O
Molecular weight: 74.12
Melting point: - 108 degree C (lit.)
Boiling point: 108 C (lit.)
Density: 0.803 g/mL at 25 degree C (lit.)
Vapor density: 2.55 (vs air)
Vapor pressure: 8 mm Hg (20 degree C)
Refractive index: n20/D 1.396 (lit.)
FEMA: 2179 ISOBUTYL ALCOHOL
Flash point: 82 F
Storage condition: Flammables area
1. used as raw material for organic synthesis, and also as an Basic Organic Chemicals.
2. used as analytical reagent, chromatographic analysis reagent, solvent and extractant.
3. isobutanol is an organic synthetic raw material, which is mainly used for the synthesis of diazinon intermediate isobutadiene on pesticides.
4. extraction solvent. GB 2760-2014 provides for the permitted consumption of food flavors, encoding: S0005; FEMA: 2179.
5. organic synthetic materials. It is used to make oil additives, antioxidants, 2,6- Di tert butyl para cresol, isobutyl acetate (coating solvent), plasticizers, synthetic rubber, artificial musk, fruit essential oil and synthetic drugs. It can also be used to purify salty chemicals such as strontium, barium and lithium and to be used as advanced solvents.
6. solvent. Extractants. Lithium chloride was extracted from the mixture of lithium chloride and sodium chloride or potassium, and the strontium bromide and barium bromide were separated. Determination of calcium, strontium, barium, sodium, potassium, lithium, silver, chlorine and phosphite. Organic synthesis.
7. used as a cosolvent for nitrocellulose, ethyl cellulose, polyvinyl butyral, a variety of oils, Rubbers, and natural resins. Organic synthesis of raw materials. The scope of application is limited and can not be used to produce agricultural plastics, because isobutanol can cause the death of crops.
Remove contaminated clothing and rinse the skin thoroughly with soapy water and clear water.
Lift eyelids and rinse with flowing or normal saline. Go to a doctor.
Quickly out of the scene to the fresh air. Keep the respiratory tract unobstructed. If breathing is difficult, oxygen is given. If breathing is stopped, artificial respiration is carried out immediately. Go to a doctor.
Drink plenty of warm water and urge vomiting. Go to a doctor.
Flammable, vapor and air can form explosive mixture, in case of open fire, high heat can cause combustion and explosion. It can react strongly with the oxidizing agent. It is easy to produce and accumulate static electricity when the velocity is too fast. Its vapor is heavier than air and can spread to a relatively low level at a relatively low level.
[harmful combustion products]
Carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide.
[fire extinguishing method]
Spray cooling container, if possible, move the container from the fire to the open. Fire extinguishing agents: foam, carbon dioxide, dry powder and sand.
Store in a cool, ventilated storeroom. Stay away from fire and heat. The temperature of the reservoir should not exceed 30 degrees C. Keep the container seal. It should be kept separately from the oxidizing agent and avoid the mixture. The use of explosion-proof lighting, ventilation facilities. It is forbidden to use mechanical equipment and tools that are easy to generate sparks. Emergency handling equipment and suitable storage materials should be provided in the storage area.
Other related items of our company:
1. Basic Organic Chemicals
2. Inorganic Chemicals
3. Pharmaceutical Intermediates
4. Daily Chemicals
5. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
Looking for ideal 2-Methyl-1-propanol CAS 78-83-1 Manufacturer & supplier ? We have a wide selection at great prices to help you get creative. All the Basic Organic Chemicals 2-Methyl-1-propanol are quality guaranteed. We are China Origin Factory of Industry Grade 2-Methyl-1-propanol. If you have any question, please feel free to contact us.
Product Categories : Basic Organic Chemicals > Alcohol And Hydroxybenzene